Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
You will provide cost and contract management support services for project delivery, including compiling contracts, managing contracts, cost management, and ensuring compliance and performance reporting. In addition you will support the commercial manager (Construction Projects), Quantity surveyor (Construction Projects) & Planning Delivery to help ensure that contracts for capital projects are managed in accordance with best practice and the capital portfolio plan is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- The following reflects typical duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all tasks:
- Maintain templates for all contract types including PQQs, ITN etc.
- Independently compile contracts from tender documents
- Arrange for signing of contract documents, issue to suppliers, track contract status in the supply chain and chase up with suppliers where necessary.
- Ensure contract agreements, electronic documents, records and data are correctly managed and develop systems to improve efficiency in this wherever possible.
- Implement & maintain electronic signature system for contracts
- Track all procurement activities and update procurement pipeline. Advise Programme managers, procurement department and commercial manager (construction projects) of areas of conflict.
- Manage eTendersNI on behalf of contracts department and train project managers accordingly
- Personal impact
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Good communication
- Experience in compiling or checking documents
- Experience of procurement or purchasing processes
- Experience in contract administration
- Experience in tracking and reporting costs
- Experience in cost estimating or analysis (Desirable)
- Experience in compiling contracts (Desirable)
- Minimum of a BTEC level 4 qualification or equivalent in business, construction, engineering or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of a degree level qualification in business, construction, engineering or other relevant discipline (Desirable)
Technical job skills
- Experience in undertaking audits or compliance checks
- Experience in operating databases or financial systems
- Experience of using Microsoft office packages including word and excel
- Experience in database programming (Desirable)
- Experience of using eTendersNI (Desirable)
- Experience in public procurement and regulations (Desirable)
- Ability to successfully collaborate with both cross divisional and external stakeholders
- Ability to externally represent and promote the interest of the company
- Confident approach
- Excellent attention to details
Leadership / management
- Experience in NEC3 contract (desirable)
- Experience in project management process (desirable)
- Able to satisfy such medical standards as may apply to the post
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.