This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure, and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. SNC-Lavalin has offices across Canada and in 40 other countries around the world, and is currently working in some 100 countries. (www.snclavalin.com)
MHIG (McGill Health Infrastructure Group) is a very small team dedicated to the management of the contract and of the asset and is in search of a Commercial Director. The Commercial Director supports the President and the management team with regards to the management of the contracts. MHIG is responsible for the design, construction, financing, maintenance and life cycle of the hospital complex until 2044. Contracts are in place between the partners, with the lenders, with the design-builder, with the operator and with the manager of the life cycle. Several issues are also in discussion with the public partner and must be managed and resolved within the contractual limits. Disputes are in negotiation and discussions with the external legal counsel are also required. Other contracts are also in place concerning amongst other things the retail areas.
- To ensure the management of contracts with all parties;
- Analyze the various situations and disputes and make recommendations to management;
- Ensure the follow-up of the correspondence and the revision of the letters prepared by the sub- contractors;
- Prepare certain correspondences that are under the responsibility of MHIG (lenders, etc.);
- Monitor and manage disputes raised by GISM or by the public partner, including the management of the associated documentation;
- To follow and participate in the discussions with the legal counsel both internal and external;
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board of Directors;
- Participate as required to meetings of the Board of Directors and take in charge the preparation of the meeting minutes;
- Participate in the statutory meetings and other meetings of the project with the subcontractors, the public partner, and any other stakeholders involved in the project;
- Participate in the administrative tasks of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in law;
- Minimum of three years of significant commercial experience;
- Experience in PPP an asset;
- Experience in construction and/or Asset Management an asset;
- Bilingualism both oral and writing;
- Ability to adapt and manage multiple files simultaneously;
- Versatility and willingness to assume diversified tasks taking into account the small team in place;
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a team.