This vacancy has now expired... why not:
A Commercial Director should be appointed and shall have a primary reporting line to the Regional MD and shall also have a secondary reporting line to the Worldwide Commercial Director. A Commercial Director will generally be responsible for the contract / commercial performance of projects within the Regional business they operate. In some cases, depending on the size, complexity or profile of the project, the Commercial Director shall take a commercial overview of all major projects within the region.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Director
The role of the Commercial Director can be defined as:
The Commercial Director with overall responsibility for supporting the Regional Leadership Team, Project Directors and Managers in delivering commercial and risk management processes and procedures during the bidding and delivery phases of projects.
The key roles and responsibilities of a Commercial Director are detailed below:
- Responsibility for the regional commercial management to ensure successful delivery of commercial performance within a range of contracts / projects;
- Monitor compliance of the Service Delivery Process and respond to queries;
- Undertake Amber Zone Stage Gate Reviews (bid reviews) and discharge the associated responsibilities of the Regional Commercial Director as required;
- Overall responsibility for supporting Project Directors and Commercial Managers in the delivery of projects to the contractual arrangements and the required commercial outcome (including the contracted profit margin) in accordance with the agreed financial objectives;
- Regular commercial reporting to line management, setting out the reasons for any variances with respect to the operational and financial management of the project and any actions being taken to correct any adverse variances;
- Review monthly financial reports and review any actions in respect of the Risk Register and project contingency;
- Where in use, review Enterprise Advantage (internal PM system) project reports to validate project performance and liaise with project teams as necessary;
- Ongoing and active liaison with the Project Director to resolve issues early and safeguard the interests of their region and the Group;
- Ensure that the Atkins Group Commercial Guidance Notes are cascaded and act as first point of contact within their business for any querie and;
- Ensure that the Group's Risk Management procedure is adhered to including, where applicable, maintaining their businesses' records in the Group's risk management tool, Active Risk Manager (ARM).
The Commercial Director's responsibilities will also include the following:
- Represent as a second as required on the their Sector/Division at the Group Commercial & Risk Forum
- Ensuring an appropriate commercial management framework is in place;
- Ensuring the business and projects have appropriate commercial resources and expertise;
- Agreeing the criteria for appropriate commercial control and management of the project;
- Assisting and supporting any project's value management requirements to protect Atkins' commercial position;
- Supporting the co-ordination and fostering of team work;
- Supporting the Project Director's performance (where appropriate) of delegated responsibility;
- Assisting the Project Directors in the resolution of project commercial disputes, including the recovery of outstanding fees that are due in relation to contracts;
- Receiving and reviewing detailed reports on the project's performance from the Project Directors;
- Ensuring the Project Director is formally advised in good time of senior management decisions that affect their projects;
- Supporting and establishing, with the Project Director’s, a common approach to major issues that arise;
- Co-ordinate inputs into the monthly plc Major Project Report and Group reports;
- Ensuring that all professional indemnity insurance claims are notified, a claim manager is appointed and monthly updates (including assessments of liability) are provided to Group Insurance;
- Ensuring that the appropriate resource is allocated to manage the defence and counter-claim of each notified claim and appropriate assistance is provided to Group Legal, Group Commercial and Insurance;
- Ensuring commercial disputes are managed correctly and reported on relevant business systems and;
- Supporting establishing a mechanism to ensure regular dialogue with suppliers, contractors and clients to promote good supply chain management, problem solving, team working and risk sharing.
- A Winning Attitude, you clearly demonstrate and demand from your team a sense of purpose in delivering targets, realising opportunity and set the tone for moving the business forward. You are a self-starter with high levels of motivation.
- Client Driven, you place the client at the heart of everything you do, creating a client-focused culture across the region. You challenge your team to improve client’s experience.
- Meet the challenge, you create and sustain an environment for learning and the development of talent within the business. You are a role model by never seeing your own development as done.
- Aware, you understand local and regional global business priorities and have knowledge of organisational culture. You use this knowledge to formulate and manage regional business plans and drive change across the wider region. You are culturally aware and act with a high level of charisma.
- Delivers, you mobilise teams to translate big ideas and vision into reality. You work with senior colleagues to align plans and strategies across business units, staying focused on key performance measures.
- Team Player, you build and promote a one team approach and address performance or communication issues swiftly. You confront and resolve organisational conflict and entrenched positions as well as celebrating success.
- Engaging, you inspire and persuade, motivate and energise employees – invoking passion and commitment. You encourage and champion honest, two-way feedback up, down and across the business at the most senior levels of the region. You demonstrate strong influencing skills and the ability to interact at all levels.
- Adaptable, you are positive and determined. You drive through organisational change by personally communicating the rationale. You understand the wider business environment to anticipate and prepare for the changes that will affect F+G and Atkins.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
- Have a proven track record as a Commercial Manager;
- Be able to effectively apply risk assessment and commercial management principles and processes;
- Be able to communicate effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project, including various Group functions and;
- Be aware of the broader perspective of the Group’s interests and how it might affect the project.
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
Project, programme & cost management
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the trai
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs