Job Title; Commercial Manager
- Operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
- Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment
- Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
- Prepare, submit and agree interim valuations
- Prepare, submit and agree Final account submissions
- Assist Commercial Manager and Project Manager with advice and contractual support for project
- Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure
- compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting
- functions and GRN etc.
- Maintain adequate records in respect of project issues and commercial processes
- Support Project Cost Control Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure
- and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
- Internal and external commercial periodic reporting
- Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
- Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Bid or Contract(s) and as required by the Company
Requirements / Qualifications
- Degree qualification
- Demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant
- experience in a senior role.
Essential Criteria / Skills
- Competent in basic computer skills
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
- Technical competencies
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness
- Experience in a Contracting QS role
- Experience of Design and Build Contracts
- Experience of NEC3 range of contracts
- IOSH managing Safely
- Ensure compliance with the Company systems, processes and procedures
- Assist in endeavouring to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members
- for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Collate and file all contemporary records
- Assist in the bid and tender process and feed in as required
- Assist in providing commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Support the commercial team in ensuring cost capture processes are complied with.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times
- Assist in providing all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (Reporting,
- Cashflows and Forecasts, etc.) as directed
- Assist in collating all information required to generate applications for payment
- Assist in submitting with each application for payment final anticipated Client outturn costs as directed
- Assist in submitting in a timely manner Change Requests, with price and programme effects, for
- subsequent agreement as directed
- Assist in the commercial management of the Subcontract Accounts
- Appreciation of the Company Bid Governance process
- Promote a team-working environment
- Promote the Company safety culture
- Participate in regular monthly safety meetings
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you
- make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual
- appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
- We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best
- mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Why work for Atkins?
- Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
- Meeting your needs
- To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
- Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
- More about us
- Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
- Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once, they join.
- Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
- Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
- ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
- This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
- If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
- #LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs