Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
This role is a responsible for leading a team of Commercial Professionals in the delivery of a portfolio of projects and providing robust commercial support to Project Delivery Directors.
The role will be primarily responsible for the S&T Framework in the Anglia region although based in Nova North, London. The role will be part of a high performing project delivery organisation, with a focus on governance, meeting or exceeding key business performance objectives, and ensuring that commercial risks are properly identified and managed at all times.
- Develop and operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow.
- Leading and managing the client commercial relationship.
- Support the bidding process including the review of terms and conditions, risk assessment, negotiation etc.
- The maximization of project and business profitability throughout the project lifecycle delivered through rigorous and innovative commercial management.
- Drafting and negotiating contract changes, ad hoc agreements, claims.
- Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications.
- Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes.
- Assist the project teams with advice and contractual support for project issues.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with knowledge of alliancing agreements.
- Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, legal etc to ensure compliance with the company’s processes and procedures.
- Support Project Cost Control ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are managed and reported appropriately.
- Internal and external commercial periodic reporting.
- Ensuring that contractual commitments to Customers are backed off to Suppliers, thereby minimising risk.
- Management of subcontract accounts.
- Responsible for commercial risk management.
- Support development of commercial competence across the project delivery community.
- Agree and deliver an effective commercial management strategy with the project team, and client team.
- Liaise closely with other Commercial Managers ensuring the consistent use of best practice contract and commercial techniques across the company.
- Responsible for maintaining auditable records in accordance with contractual requirements
- Manage a team of commercial staff.
- Any other tasks assigned by Senior Management.
- Strong proven track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, defence, construction.
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts.
- Significant experience of Design and Build Contracts and the preparation, negotiation and resolution of contractual claims and disputes.
- Good customer facing skills, as well as experience of being actively involved as a team member in high-value, complex bid teams, ideally with experience of proposal and tender writing.
- Able to understand the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the commercial management role and the necessary close interaction between them.
- Confident interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to manage and be part of a team.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar).
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs