This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Commercial function provides advice on and analysis of commercial risks in the business, commercial sales and procurement guidance. The team commercially assess all bids and contracts, proving drafting as required. We also create bespoke agreements for presales and sales activity, including all supply chain agreements.
Joining the current commercial team, the successful applicant will assist the team as directed. Initially you will be responsible for drafting and checking a range of agreements including prime and subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements and back-to-back subcontracts. As you gain experience, you will become involved in all aspects of the work and will have the opportunity to take on increasingly challenging activities.
- Drafting and agreement of sales and procurement agreements
- Analysis and negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Analysis and agreement of NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, JVs
- Reviewing and approving proposals, prime and sub– contracts, ensuring adherence to company governance requirements and procedures
- Providing commercial support to bid teams, including supporting the development of the commercial elements of tender responses
- Commercial risk identification, mitigation and management
- Providing commercial support throughout contract delivery
- Input to approvals processes, attendance at bid and governance meetings
- Coaching non-commercial staff in commercial and procurement issues
- Develop commercial processes and procedures
What you can bring?
- A degree in law/business studies/engineering or an equivalent qualification level
- Experience in sales and/or procurement commercial management, willing to work in both fields
- Ability to analyse, interpret and draft contractual wording with a strong attention to detail.
- Initial experience of negotiating contract terms with suppliers and/or clients
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines under pressure
- Willingness to undergo continued skills development with a view to taking on additional responsibilities and wider business role
- Preferred Bristol based role, other locations considered
- Good grasp on contract law
- Knowledge of contractual documents including NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, sub- and prime contracts.
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights and protection, including exploitation agreements, software licensing, reseller agreements.
- Knowledge of industry and government contracts including but not limited to CCS, aerospace, defence and MOD.
- You will be well organized, commercially minded, enthusiastic and keen to learn and to continue to learn, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Why work for Atkins?
"Our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award".
Meeting your needs
"We want to make settling into life at Atkins a great experience for you. So we've created a benefits package to suit your lifestyle, career and personal needs. Enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, insurance packages, training & accreditations, and ongoing career planning.
It's important that you feel supported all the way. So if you identify as having a disability, please tell us ahead of your interview. And we'll do our best to make adjustments for you."
More about us
"Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants."
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Diversity & inclusion
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability."
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST #LI-UK #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs