SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is looking to bring on a Commissioning Manager to join the West White Rose Project in Argentia, NL. Reporting into the Main Mechanical Outfitting (MMO) team, this position will be a key leadership role in the successful final delivery of the Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS) over to our client.
The Commissioning Manager will have responsibility for ensuring that processes are correctly tested and ultimately commissioned in accordance with contractual requirements. The work will involve liaising with design teams, suppliers, subcontractors, installation teams, etc to ensure that all installations are delivered within scope, schedule, and budget.
Furthermore, this position will liaise with the whole MMO team to prioritize commissioning across all contracts as well as work with the construction manager to program commissioning activities into the whole construction operations. Carrying out relevant commissioning programs including electrical, mechanical, ballast control, and process resources as required.
- Define commissioning scopes and methodologies for the CGS systems and subsystems
- Provide detail and forecast all resources required to complete commissioning scopes.
- Provide forecast for all materials and equipment required to complete commissioning scopes.
- Develop commissioning procedures and completion documentation in line with all SDP’s and the client’s expectations.
- Responsibility for the review and approval of all commissioning documentation received - contractors and vendors;
- Identify and resolve issues encountered prior and during the commissioning process.
- Develop and maintain Lessons Learnt for ongoing commissioning activities.
- Responsible for sequencing the installation of the hook up and commissioning platform to optimize system integrity testing for CGS control systems.
- Collect and review physical progress data and report to the Project Director and MMO team on commissioning progress performance and analytical trends;
- Preparation, organization, and acceptance of Commissioning Manuals and Operating and Maintenance Manuals;
- Setting up the commissioning strategy document which outlines the procedures and processes to be utilized in commissioning the structure when in operations;
- Management of an agreed commissioning schedule which supports the overall construction schedule;
- Manage the project scheduling team to complete and update the schedule of commissioning as required;
- Provision of a Testing & Commissioning plan for the CGS to meet Health & Safety requirements;
- Manage commissioning involvement with subcontractor resources to ensure the commissioning effort is completed efficiently – on budget and schedule;
- Create and update reporting metrics;
- Interface with the client and Project Director with regular updates
- Bach. Engineer Degree, preferably within electrical or mechanical as a minimum standard;
- Project Management certification – with direct experience with planning, scheduling, estimating, budgeting, and forecasting labour hours;
- Minimum of 10 years of direct relevant pre-commissioning and commissioning experience within a major construction environment;
- Experience with commissioning marine ballasting systems is a must;
- Sound Design Engineering knowledge, especially as it relates to electrical and mechanical set ups within oil and gas projects;
- Sound knowledge of Installation practices;
- Strong Experience with inspections, labelling, and supporting documentation
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and champion a scope of work from beginning to end;
- Knowledge of relevant specification / International standards;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work on multiple Project simultaneously;
- Customer and stakeholder management
Please note this is a full time position based out of our project site in Argentia, NL.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.