Communication Systems Coordinator
Communication Systems Coordinator
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a qualified Communication Systems Coordinator to work as a part of the Trillium Project Systems Construction team. Reporting to the Communications Superintendent, the incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate installation activities and on-site testing to comply with specifications, requirements and codes.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinate and manage communication systems installation subcontractors across multiple project sites;
- Ensure all subcontractors produce quality work that is constructed as per the design drawings, specifications and according to applicable standards;
- Analyze and provide updates regarding site readiness for communication systems installation;
- Perform quantity take-offs and detailed estimates;
- Develop tracking sheets, punch lists and progress reports for purpose of monitoring all communication systems installation;
- Keep record of all PICO documentation and applicable test reports;
- Assist the Communications Superintendent to deliver all communication systems works;
- Ensure all work is performed safely;
- Support all communication systems Test & Commissioning activities as necessary;
What will you contribute?
- Have a degree/diploma in electrical/computer/network engineering with at least three (3) years of experience in communication systems;
- Some rail experience and exposure to NFPA 130 requirements, or industrial power/systems installation and construction;
- Has the ability to understand and interpret communication network designs;
- Capable of leading discussions with the partners, clients, sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Familiar with project management software and can interpret Gantt charts
- Has the ability to identify errors, omissions and conflicts in applicable design drawings;
- Experience in auditing red lines and mark ups from subcontractors;
- Experienced in Subcontractor/Vendor workflow management;
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and Word;
- You have a valid driving license (G).
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs