Communications Install and Layout Designer
Communications Install and Layout Designer
Coms Install and Layout Designer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Rail Control Systems Team is looking for a local candidate for a Coms Install and Layout Designer, reporting to the Communications and Control Systems Manager.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Develop Communication and Control Systems layouts and install design for stations and other facilities.
- Support and develop layouts and install design for Security Systems including CCTV, Intrusion Detection and Access Control. Support control system design of SCADA systems.
- Translate into design technical directions and project requirements in line with both system designers and technical leads indications.
- Produce redlines collecting and coordinating different design inputs and / or reviews according to Projects QA/QC processes.
- Review and interpret existing conditions, drawings, specifications.
- Identify and manage design change where relevant.
What will you contribute?
- 2+ years of experience in the coms install and layout design and application of Coms, Security and Control Systems in Transit, Automation or similar environments.
- Auto CAD and Revit experience would be valuable.
- Previous systems stations design and general (rail) coms systems background would be an asset.
- Being able to process, interpret and apply Project Agreement and Technical requirements / standards quickly.
- Being used to interface with both different design teams and systems vendors to acquire all the necessary design inputs to develop a coordinated design.
- Being able to operate comfortably in a fast-moving project, coping with changes.
- Being familiar and comfortable to operate under change / quality management processes.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision.
- Able to work in design office, project office and field environments.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites offices from time to time.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs