Configuration Manager Rail & Transit
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our New York, NY Rail & Transit Group as a Configuration Manager Rail & Transit.
Primarily responsibility for developing, implementation and oversight of the Configuration Management and Change Management process for several Positive Train Control projects in commuter rail industry. This includes updating governance as needed and overseeing the relevant technical functions involved in the Configuration Management process. Assist the client to implement and comply with Configuration Management requirements, training and Configuration Management audits.
- Provide consulting services to the client in the performance of activation and implementation phase of the necessary Configuration Management activities for subsequent client and government approval of Configuration Management plans and activities
- Senior Engineering position in a leadership Configuration Management role with the client.
- Implement and manage the project configuration management plan
- Ensure plans align to project plan
- Ensure Configuration Management plans comply with Configuration Management policies
- Assist and ensure personnel are following the Configuration Management plan and be a Configuration Management information resource
- Support hardware configuration and tracking
- Review project documentation and ensure it utilizes project templates
- Generate and maintain project documents, drawings and form templates
- Assist client in processing change requests, provide guidance to Configuration Control Board
- Perform other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S. Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience.
- Systems and Integration Engineering experience is highly desirable.
- Previous Configuration Management experience is required.
- Asset Management experience is also highly desirable.
- Previous experience as an employee or consultant of/to a transit or rail agency is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the transit & rail industry. More experience is highly desired.
- PMP certification is desirable
- Configuration Management Training and certification is also desirable but not required – the ability to complete 3rd-Party Level 1 training and certification within one year
- Asset Management experience is desirable
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in configuration and document control on projects
- Active within their engineering society is desirable (ASME, IEEE, ASCE, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale infrastructure projects (on the order of $1 billion and greater) is highly desirable.
- Great communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Familiar with various database tools such as Maximo, etc.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) proficiency required.
- Experience with SharePoint and Adobe Pro is preferred.
- P.E. license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy. Atkins is committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.