Construction Cost Manager
Construction Cost Manager
Our Santa Clara team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 5+ years of experience as a Cost Manager, we would like to connect with you. We are looking for performing cost management/quantity surveying support with a track record of success in ongoing delivery. This is an internal Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits. This position sits at our client site and would require daily commute.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
• Works with project teams in order to prepare the cash flow.
• Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
• With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
• Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
• Provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
• Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
• Attends the biweekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
• Provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
• Carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
• Reviews the contractors close out administration to ensure that they meet their contractual requirements.
• Prepares and issues budget, forecast and spend reporting.
• Creation of WBS codes and scope alignment.
• Change order management, validation, and tracking.
• Monthly spend to forecast variance analysis and drive the forecast to spend within required acceptance range.
• Risk and opportunity analysis.
• Perform What If analysis on projects.
• Adhoc reporting and analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or a related field
• Five years’ relevant experience
• Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations.
• Must have experience working on or with construction projects.
• Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status.
• Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
• OSHA 10 hour preferred
• Experience in semiconductor, commercial, industrial, refinery, is preferred.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, Skire, VersaPro, etc. and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications.
• Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Advanced Excel skills are preferred
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval because of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles