Construction Demolition Engineer
Construction Demolition Engineer
Atkins, a member of SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. Atkins provide engineering design for various market sectors including: Energy, Industry, Defence, Aviation, Commercial, Education, Government, Leisure, Health and Transport sectors. We have a growing need for construction and demolition expertise to support a growing portfolio of such work within the region and nationally.
We have a vacancy for a full time Construction/Demolition Engineer position in our Stockton on Tees office.
The candidate will have a recent track record of delivering demolition projects and will work with the local team and with regional experts in supporting high profile demolition work locally and longer term in delivering work nationally.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary environment delivering a variety of demolition projects and be adaptable to also provide construction support for refurbishment and new build projects. Travel to other locations may be required from time-to-time. Willingness to consider secondments to other Atkins offices or client’s premises would be an advantage, if able to do so.
- You will have the full support of the local office and the strong senior team, providing guidance and support to allow you to fully engage with the exciting developments which are happening within the business. Through our on-going success and commitment to provide excellent services to our clients, the role will encompass:
- Support the Senior Construction/Demolition Engineer with their tasks and duties
- Field supervision of Contractors ensuring delivery to the agreed specifications and Construction Phase Plan
- Client-side Supervision of small, medium or large sized demolition and construction projects, so as to achieve the client’s objectives to cost and programme.
- Supporting the production of CDM Pre-Construction Information, Scopes of Work, specifications and tender documents, obtaining tenders and quotations, tender evaluation and analysis.
- Reviewing and commenting on Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Construction Phase Plans.
- Gathering of information, surveys, research and site inspections and audits.
- General knowledge of demolition, Construction, Health and Safety Regulations, Waste Management and hazardous materials.
- Experienced in job and task planning to support estimating for demolition and construction works.
- Preparation and submission of applications for F10, Building Regulations, Planning or Listed Building consents and Section 80 notices.
- Assisting with the development of Client relationships.
- Compliance with Atkins and client QSSE procedures.
- We are looking for an individual committed to long term development of their engineering and management skills within our organisation. The individual will have a strong commitment to teamwork. Your expertise will include:
- Accredited honours degree or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent. Consideration will be given to HND or trade background individuals with commensurate experience and capability.
- Proven track record / Experience in demolition and construction, preferably some in a COMAH environment.
- Strong customer focus, with experience of working with Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with ability to work independently within a consultative environment.
- Team player used to working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Competent in using Microsoft’s EXCEL, and Word is essential.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Construction, Health and Safety Regulations, demolition and waste management and handling.
- Excellent verbal and good written communication skills.
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Our IT systems support home-working, so where you have parental or carer duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; Atkins will work for you. Similarly, Atkins’ corporate social responsibility provides the opportunity to give something back to the community, and we run professional networks supporting groups such as local schools, charities, parents, those coming out of the armed-forces and women in engineering.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need.You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package . https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Project, programme & cost management
Atkins, a member of SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs