Construction Management Intern
Construction Management Intern
Faithful+Gould has an opening for an intern in our Minneapolis office. An internship with Faithful+Gould is intended to provide you with an engaging and meaningful work experience that supports your current learning and personal goals. The intern will work directly with our Construction Management group supporting various blue chip clients. During your internship, we are committed to providing you not only hands on Construction Management experience but exposure to the other business services such as Cost Management and Construction Data Analyst, to gain a better understanding of what a global project and program consulting firm does on a day to day and strategic basis. This opportunity is specifically open to full time students currently enrolled in a construction related degree. (Construction Management, Construction Engineering Management, Quantity Surveying, etc) This position may lead to a continuing opportunity for employment throughout the school year. We seek Career minded students who are serious about their futures. Must be open to travel to construction project sites.
Faithful+Gould, member of the SNC Lavalin Group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of highprofile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• The intern will be trained and supported to then perform the following:
• Observes construction work and prepares change orders as needed.
• Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions.
• Seeks any failures or delays.
• Reviews pay requests for ultimate payment by client.
• Makes substantial completion and final completion statements.
• Reviews shop drawings within area of expertise for conformance with design concept.
• Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
• Researches contracts, plans and regulatory agency manuals to determine and analyze specifications and requirements.
• Reviews contractors' progress reports and field representatives' diary sheets.
• Monitors, records and updates project and material records.
• Maintains logs and reports.
• Assists in the preparation of change orders and/or supplemental agreements and project plan updates.
• Reviews schedules, permits, and progress charts.
• Students currently enrolled in a construction related degree. (Construction Management, Construction Engineering Management, Quantity Surveying, etc)\
• Must be open to travel extensively to construction project sites.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles