Construction Management Representative (Entry- level)
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Oakland, California office as a Construction Management Representative (Entry- level).
Under supervision, observes the work of contractors involved in the construction of projects.
- Specific duties and responsibilities for the Inspector shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Field engineering services observing and overseeing on-going construction as directed by the Resident Engineer;
- Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in substantial compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions;
- Keeps and maintains daily reports documenting observations, labor, equipment and issues encountered in the Contractor's performance of the work;
- Advises internal project manager and/or owner of any failures or delays;
- Reviews pay requests for ultimate payment by client;
- Makes substantial completion and final completion statements;
- Reviews approved contract submittals, contract specifications, and contract drawings, and field verify and document construction of approved materials and equipment per contract specifications and drawings;
- Reviews shop drawings within area of expertise for conformance with design concept;
- Takes and catalogues photographs of work in progress or problems encountered on the construction site;
- When directed, collects and maintains Force Account Records for additional work directed by the Resident Engineer;
- Periodically examines Contractor QC and QA records to assure Contractor records are complete and current;
- Assists in the documentation of Change Notices/Change Orders, including justifications and estimates;
- When requested, assists in the review of Claims and Potential Claims;
- Other tasks as directed by the Resident Engineer and/or the District.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field. With Associate's degree, eight years of related experience. Without a degree, ten years of related experience is required.
- Good math, communications, computers and organizational skills.
- May be required to have certification in nuclear density, aggregate, concrete and asphalt testing or other applicable area.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles