Construction Manager - Bangalore Location
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin’s employees think beyond engineering. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction management, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across the EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear, etc.
Faithful + Gould a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management and cost consultancy services provider. We are currently looking for experts to join our PMC team in Bangalore, India, to provide multi-disciplinary services and expertise to our client working on a high end / large size Retail Showroom. The work will involve project management, engineering, and procurement and construction supervision and we’re looking for people, in particular the role defined below.
We need an experienced Construction Manager – Civil to be based at Bangalore, India to manage the end to end process of this prestigious project.
- You should possess a Bachelor or Post Graduate Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- You will be a recognised expert with a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multi-functional projects.
- You will have considerable experience showing clear career progression in your field through working either Client side or for a Consultancy.
- Capability to envisage, formulate and guide time bound delivery processes of a project consisting of mixed structural elements and finishes (Precast/cast in-situ structures along with structural Steel modules) with modern mechanized means of construction.
- Construction management background and capable of reviewing existing operations within an organization through all the project phases however with a emphasis on the final handover phase of a project.
- PMC role background would be desirable
- Successful applicants will have experience of working on high value/high end showroom construction projects of international standards
- Overseas experience in a similar project will be an added qualification
- Knowledge in monitoring and ensuring project cost and budget
- Excellent communication abilities, interpersonal skills of the highest caliber.
The responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not necessarily limited to the
- Assisting with the development and implementation of an appropriate project or programme management framework, including participation with the necessary review processes as required.
- Appraising options and submitting to the Project Manager/Director for approval.
- Coordinating the inputs from the client organisation as required, for example, assisting with the appointment of professional advisers to support the project sponsor role
- Co-ordinating and directing end user input
- Assisting with the development of an appropriate value management strategy
- Manage the change management process and controlling the changes
• Determining and managing risks to the project
• Managing the project budget, including risk allowance
• Acting as a point of contact between the Client and site delivery team
• Co-ordinating and fostering teamwork
• Managing the site delivery team’s performance of delegated responsibilities
• Implementation of the formal reporting arrangements on project progress
• Defining criteria for control and management of the project and the implementation
• Assisting the site delivery team in the resolution of problems
• Receiving and reviewing detailed reports on the project from the site delivery team
• Ensuring the site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions on time
• Establishing with the site delivery team a common approach to major issues tha
• Establishing a mechanism to ensure regular dialogue with contractors to promote problem solving, team working and risk-sharing
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive industry standard compensation package.