Construction Manager - Chalk River
The Construction Manager will play a key role in leading the execution of various Capital Projects at the CNL site in Chalk River. The Construction Manager is expected to be a safety leader on site and thus will be required to demonstrate past experience in executing work with a safety focus and an emphasis on human performance.
A key function of the Construction Manager will be to mentor and develop the Capital Projects construction team. It is expected that the Construction Manager will introduce, expose and or assist in the implementation of nuclear construction and common industry practices to the Capital Projects construction team through their experience in the execution of major construction projects elsewhere.
Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Construction Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of all Capital construction projects at the CNL site at Chalk River. A wide variety of projects are performed at Chalk River and include construction of new facilities & structures, civil works & infrastructure, utilities & services, building renovations, equipment upgrades and IT improvements. Most of the projects include a nuclear context and therefore previous experience in the execution of projects on a nuclear site is an asset.
Construction work at CNL is normally a contracted service. Thus, the Construction Manager will require extensive experience in the oversight of sub-contractors.
The Construction Manager will be expected to manage and oversee the execution multiple projects of various sizes and complexities.
The roles and responsibilities of the Construction Manager are as follows:
- Supervise, mentor and develop the CNL Capital Projects construction team
- Management of day to day oversight of construction contractors on site at CNL. This includes work coordination, safety program implementation, work plan and ITP oversight
- Oversee the development and rollout of industry standard construction processes such as work management, safe work practices, and contractor management
- Participation in review and qualification of new contractors at the CNL site
- Work with various CNL missions in the integration and rollout of common construction processes and procedures throughout the CNL site
- At least 25 years demonstrated progressive construction management experience with recent experience as a construction manager, ideally in a nuclear environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the execution of construction safety programs under Ontario’s Occupation Health and Safety Act
- Excellent leadership, team building and managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse processes and impacts, provide recommendations and develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Flexibility to work extended hours
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.