Scope of work:
The Construction Manager will play a key role in leading the execution of various Projects at the CNL site in Chalk River. The Construction Manager is expected to be a safety leader on site and thus will be required to demonstrate past experience in executing work with a safety focus and an emphasis on human performance.
A key function of the Construction Manager will be to mentor and develop the CNL construction team. It is expected that the Construction Manager will introduce, expose and or assist in the implementation of nuclear construction and common industry practices to the construction team through their experience in the execution of major construction projects elsewhere.
Reporting to the Director, Contractor and Construction the Construction Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of multiple construction projects at the CNL site at Chalk River. A wide variety of projects are performed at Chalk River and include construction of new facilities & structures, civil works & infrastructure, utilities & services, building renovations, equipment upgrades and IT improvements.
- Supervise, mentor and develop the CNL construction team
- Management of day to day oversight of construction contractors on site at CNL. This includes work coordination, safety program implementation, work plan and ITP oversight;
- Oversee the development and rollout of industry standard construction processes such as work management, safe work practices, and contractor management;
- Participation in review and qualification of new contractors at the CNL site;
- Work with various CNL missions in the integration and rollout of common construction processes and procedures throughout the CNL site;
- Lead constructability exercises and perform optimization of contractor schedules and estimates;
- Establish and maintain links with relevant site support functions to enable effective communication, planning and management of contractor/construction activities;
- Identify and communicate the sites daily priorities and weekly key milestones;
- Maintain an overview of the three (3)-week look ahead meeting to ensure interfaces are coordinated
- Participate and or lead risk reviews and contribute in developing joint CNL and contractor risk registers.
Competencies required for the job:
- At least 15-20 years demonstrated progressive construction management experience with recent experience as a construction manager, ideally in a nuclear environment.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the execution of construction safety programs under Ontario’s Occupation Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent leadership, team building and managerial skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse processes and impacts, provide recommendations and develop solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Flexibility to work extended hours.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible relative to work assignments; possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to interface with peers, other company organizations and Senior Management
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc.:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.):
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary: These jobs are open for all job levels and will be assessed based on experience and skills.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At Candu, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Candu cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin / Candu, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs