Mechanical and Plumbing Construction Manager/Engineer
Why join us?
Our Mexico team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least five years of experience as a Construction Project Manager on large industrial construction projects specializing in mechanical/piping aspect of the project, we would like to connect with you.! This position provides project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule. This position will be able to lead a specialty construction team on the mechanical/piping aspect of the project. Candidates should preferably have experience in the industrial sector, with special knowledge of all aspects of Mechanical Engineering areas. This position is located at our client’s project site in Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico. This is an immediate need with active interviews currently taking place. Must be a Mexican Citizen and fluent in Spanish and English.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould has been ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. In 2016, Faithful+Gould formally opened a location in Mexico in order to expand our operations, capabilities and position as a world-leading project and program management consultancy throughout the region. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and client satisfaction.
- Plans and analyses assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Supervises the preparation of plans and specifications for the design/installation of solutions in buildings and manufacturing settings.
- Communicates with confidence and certainty with Clients, vendors and subs
- Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Ensures compliance with contracting processes.
- Establishes fulfilment budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion.
- Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Oversees the following: preparation of material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
- Prepares subcontractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Generates technician work orders: reviews plan; reviews progress; and prioritizes tasks.
- Meets with contractors to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and closeout.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintains client satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating accordingly.
- Establishes a professional relationship with the client and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely signoff of the project by the client.
- Ability to run efficient coordination meetings and document with meeting notes.
- Manage the quality assurance program and ensure a quality product for the client.
- Create a positive work environment.
- Proactively plan for a safe hazard free workplace.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, or related field experience (8 more years’ experience in place of a Degree).
- At least 5 years of Experience as a construction manager with Industrial projects is required.
- Understanding of construction trade software such as Prolog, Primavera, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Project Management, Building Design & Construction, Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling, Building Cost Modelling and Risk Analysis.
- Must understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite
What we offer at Faithful+Gould?
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy:
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs