Construction Manager/Resident Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Construction Management Group as a Construction Manager/Resident Engineer.
Under general direction, provides direction in all conventional and unconventional aspects of construction engineering to manage project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Performs non-manual field work that involves a combination of conventional and complex features, requiring the application of sound and diversified professional knowledge in board areas of assignments, usually including the coordination of various projects.
- Plans and organizes the observation and documentation of construction projects.
- Schedules and coordinates observation of ongoing work and testing and sampling of materials.
- Assigns, leads and supervises internal staff engaged in observation and testing and in related record keeping.
- Monitors contractors' progress against schedule and prepares progress reports.
- Reviews payment requests and determines amount owing to contractor(s) based on on-site observations and contract stipulations.
- Oversees compilation of final estimate documents.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and ten years related experience including personnel supervision.
- Engineering design experience desirable.
- With Associate's degree, eighteen years of related experience.
- Without a degree, twenty years related experience is required.
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to supervise field representatives and field office personnel.
- P.E. is desired.
- Position will lead Atkins/SNC-Lavalin's Colorado construction management team to include staff professional development, mentoring, and recruiting.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills a must.
- Primary experience should be in highway and bridge construction management experience. Colorado Department of Transportation experience desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.