Construction Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Construction Project Manager
Our Team is Growing! We are looking for candidates with construction project management experience to join our teams in Greenville, SC, Charleston, SC and Atlanta, GA. Our Construction Project Managers work representing the Owner during the execution of construction projects of various types. Our goal is to achieve Client satisfaction and represent the Owner’s best interest. This position is a fulltime internal position for Faithful Gould. We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure and a career with us!
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA
• Oversees the design phase of the project and coordinates with Owner and other stakeholders to ensure the Designer has all the information needed to complete the design on time.
• Participate in constructability reviews
• Supports the permitting process as needed.
• Coordinator with local & state Authorities having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s)
• Reviews Engineer’s cost estimates for accuracy and completeness.
• Support contract, consultant and supplier qualification
• Supports the preparation of the RFP (Request for Proposal) including scope of work, supplemental general conditions, phasing plans and other documents needed in the RFQ package to be sent to out for bids.
• Supports the evaluation of contractor, consultant and supplier proposals by performing a thorough review of the contractor’s bid clarifications, exclusions, cost proposal and schedule.
• Supports contract negotiation between the owner and contractors, consultants and suppliers construction Phase
• Perform Construction Administration on site.
• Manages the Submittal Review and RFIs working closely with the Architect/ Engineers and contractors.
• to Oversees the implementation of the contractor’s health and safety plan.
• Coordinates with field personnel and 3rd party testing agencies to support the execution of the Quality Assurance activities during construction. Oversees the contractor’s Quality Control activities.
• Works proactively with the contractor and other stakeholders to keep the project on schedule, leads schedule review meetings, identifies schedule risks and prepares risk mitigation plans.
• Reviews contractor’s change order requests, validates or denies requests and works with project controls team to review price. Supports the Owner during the change order negotiation process as needed.
• Leads project meetings, documents and tracks action items as needed.
• Leads assigned field staff and directs their day to day tasks.
• Prepares weekly and monthly reports summarizing project progress, critical actions and other relevant information.
• Advocates for Owner’s best interests throughout the project.
• Manage final inspection and punch list process and works with the contractor in closing all punch list items.
• Works with the contractor and other stakeholders to obtain the Certificate of Occupancy and close-out of project permits
• Oversees the preparation of the Turn Over Packages (TOP) including records drawings, O&M manuals, and other information as described in the contract.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or related field experience (8 more years’ experience in place of a Degree)
• At least 5 years of Experience as a construction manager, project engineer or project manager or site superintendent is required. Experience working on Industrial Projects is preferred but will consider any vertical construction experience.
• Working knowledge of construction management and scheduling software such as Procore, PlanGrid, MS Project or Primavera P6 or similar.
• Must understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• PMP or CCM certification is desired, but not required.
• Ability to travel 80% of time or more. Company pays all travel expenses on top of salary.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles