Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Why join us?
Our Mexico Team is growing! Faithful+Gould seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Construction Project Manager. This position acts as assistant to the employer’s representative. Construction Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of the project and will be supported by a site-based team during the construction, fit-out and commissioning and handover phases of the project. Must be a Mexican Citizen and willing to move to the area of Querétaro, Mexico during the duration of the long-term project.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is has been ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. In 2016, Faithful+Gould formally opened a location in Mexico in order to expand our operations, capabilities and position as a world-leading project and program management consultancy throughout the region. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Set up, chair and minute all client meetings, ensuring that all parts of the team are fully informed.
- Provide report on a weekly basis of scope, budget and program status, and any other issues arising.
- Liaise with the client, professional team and contractor to establish all key project processes and monitor these processes reporting and making recommendations to the client.
- Liaise with the client, professional team and contractors to establish, review and regularly update the project risk register. Agree and monitor risk mitigation plans and provide input into quantitative risk analysis reviews.
- Initiate any actions / escalations such as acceleration programs for tasks falling behind and impacting critical path.
- Monitor and report on commissioning process, checking that the commissioning agent has developed a commissioning plan and all necessary test sheets and documentation.
- Liaise with operations team to coordinate involvement in all installation, commissioning and snagging activities.
- Coordinate all parties to complete practical completion documentation and that all manuals are submitted and approved to an agreed schedule.
- Establish and manage the defect identification and resolution process, and monitor all handover activity turn-over process.
- Liaise with integration lead to develop and manage the integration plan.
- Drive technical design issues through to completion.
- Monitor and report on construction coordination on site.
- Support the change management process by liaising with the Client, Professional Team and Contractor in clarifying all necessary scope, justification and technical detail.
- Liaise with the Professional Team around time/scope impacts assessments, and validity for change or variation events.
- Manage general contractor around technical and status meetings.
- Report on general contractor and vendor adherence to the commissioning tagging process.
- Assist in identifying early warning of construction, mechanical and electrical risks and issues.
- Manage general contractor through identification and execution of recovery against works identified as critical path and potential schedule slippage.
- Monitor site works and record and report non-conforming work and drive the team for follow up, preventative, and close out actions.
- Manage general contractor to undertake regular site mechanical and electrical quality audits and witness site tests as may be necessary.
- Chair and manage risk workshops.
- Establish and manage risk, change management processes, and promote project team compliance to project process.
- Monitor and use reasonable endeavors to manage general contractor in line with company health and safety standards.
- Manage general contractor to prepare all necessary schedules for the handover of the project and liaise with integration manager, commissioning manager, construction managers and operations manager on agreement with schedules.
- Manage general contractor in timely preparation of system start-up books and operations and maintenance manuals.
- Manage general contractor in the preparation and room handover documentation with input as necessary from the architect engineer.
- Promote a team approach to punch-list development using the tools made available for the project.
- Liaise with operations / security operations and check that systems and permits are in place to enable general contractor to access the site and complete any necessary remedial works post lock-down and turn-over.
- Inform and monitor general contractor’s compliance to operations / security operations processes during execution of post turn-over works.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor´s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural or related.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Fluent English & Spanish
- Member of a professional institute preferred such as PMP- PMI.
- Data Centre experience is preferable.
- Experience with regional construction markets, culture and practices. Experience with various project management tools and practices in Mexico.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design & build processes and associated documents and contracts.
- Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization and scheduling.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy:
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs