Construction Resident Engineer
Construction Resident Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Construction Resident Engineer is an integral part of our Construction Management Team. This position is based out of Houston, Texas.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Plans and organizes the administration and coordination of construction observation and reporting activities.
- Directs subordinate internal staff involved in the observation, testing and sampling of construction materials, observation of construction work, and documentation of plan revisions and work progress.
- Is responsible for reporting project cost and quality control activities to client.
- Provides financial management of construction office operations, monitoring costs and expenses, approving and dispersing funds, and coordinating accounting and cost allocation.
- Coordinates construction monitoring with client program manager to resolve problems, disputes and scheduling of work, and to prepare contract changes and supplemental agreements.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Must have experience as a project administrator working on DOT projects.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Ten years experience with Bachelor's in a combination of engineering design and construction/construction observation activities, including management and supervision of field personnel.
- Twenty years experience without degree.
- Strong skills in leadership, organization, management, and oral & written communications.
- P.E Registration required.
- Strong CEI experience with TXDOT or other DOT organizations as staff member or consultant.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencie
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs