Consultant - Civils / Structures
SNC-Lavalin Atkins' Buildings and Structures team is experienced across all phases of the project lifecycle working from project definition, through feasibility and development, design and construction management.
We specialise in buildings and structures in a rail environment and are conversant with the particular challenges of delivering complex civils construction schemes in an operational railway context. The typical types of schemes we undertake are station and depot developments both refurbishment and new build, and trackside civil engineering.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
We are seeking a Civil Design Engineer to join our expanding Built Environment team, based in London. The team currently provides civil and structural engineering design services, alongside project and construction management. Reporting to the Design Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work alongside a Senior Engineer to produce feasibility, outline and detailed civil and structural engineering drawings and associated calculations
- Preparation of quality and professional drawings in a timely manner
- Ability to self-check drawings to ensure accurate interpretation of Engineer's requirements and to minimise rework
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in other teams
Essential Experience & Skills
The key requirements, experience and skills for this role are:
- Relevant experience in a junior civil engineer I technician role. (Essential)
- Proficient in the use of Microstation and AutoCAD (Essential)
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly (Essential)
- Knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground processes and standards
- Able to take a flexible approach to delivering projects and enjoy undertaking a wide range of engineering tasks in a busy team environment
- Desire to undertake further learning and professional development, with support given by senior members of staff to allow the candidate to work towards an appropriate level of membership with the ICE
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.