Consultant / Engineer, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
As an Engineer/Consultant, your activities are likely to include:
- Working with colleagues and clients to develop new innovative transport solutions
- Supporting clients in delivering their strategic and operational objectives
- Undertaking a variety of project work relating to ITS projects under the direction of Project Manager(s)
- Developing user requirements through discussion with Clients, other stakeholders and the wider Project Team
- Undertaking site visits to collect and then analyse relevant data
- Developing and designing technology solutions that meet requirements
- Developing technical, policy notes and project reports for clients
You’ll be a talented graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, IT or Physics. Other relevant subjects will also be considered. You’ll also have:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Drive and determination to achieve Chartered Status
- Confidence working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and manage your time effectively
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- The ability to work in areas outside of your immediate skill set, which may require rapid adaptation to new surroundings.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex matrix structure
- Ability to assist and guide less experienced staff on technical delivery and project management
- Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity
- A professional manner
- A clear and thorough communication style
- Flexible attitude
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.