Consultant Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies
We're looking for a technology consultant who has ambition for growth, creativity, technical knowledge and excellent project delivery experience. Your core skills will include technical project delivery, client relationships and working collaboratively with business development and practice team. You will be solving complex conundrums while delivering technical solutions; and you like nothing better than being challenged to apply smart technologies in new ways.
You are a high-energy individual who likes thinking innovatively and taking risks to challenge the status quo. You clearly want to succeed - for yourself, for your organisation and for your client. You’re a learner – compelled to make the best of your abilities and talents as well as to continually build upon them. You want to make a real contribution to exciting and industry-leading projects within a forward-thinking organisation. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and enjoy finding innovative solutions to existing problems.
And overall, you get satisfaction from building relationships, with clients and colleagues alike. You enjoy getting to know people and working out how you can have a positive impact on them — whether that's delivering something that a client needs or discovering a new approach that will change the world of transportation.
Does this sound like you? Can you see yourself in this role? In which case, we'd love you to apply!
Through innovative partnerships, we are shaping the future of transport. Our staff, forward thinking and commercially aware, understand the industry’s challenges and are able to maximise client outcomes, opportunities for our own growth and for the benefit of society.
We are a growing business unit of scientists, engineers, consultants and technical specialists. We work with emerging technologies catalysed by increasing levels of in-vehicle autonomy and disruption from digital technology. Our projects span a range of innovative and pioneering topics, from digital roads, digital connectivity and autonomous vehicles to smart transport technologies and Mobility as a Service.
We work smart. We are focused on the needs of our clients and are committed to keeping our promises. For each and every project we safely deliver leading-edge solutions, policy outcomes and effective and efficient services for best value.
The IMST team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing ‘whole life’ consultancy across the breadth of a project. Typically, these include:
- High value strategic and technical advice, feasibility and scoping studies
- Business case development, new business models, requirements capture
- Project management
- Scheme performance evaluation and optimisation
- Technical assurance
- Specification and technical document development
- Research and development studies
Our team need to look at urban and sector challenges very differently; it’s an exciting journey and we’d love for you to play a lead role.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be contributing to the high performance of our projects through delivering technical work on time, on budget and of an exceptional quality that meets our client and business needs.
You’ll be contributing to the processes of winning work to secure a future pipeline of opportunities for the division.
There may be opportunities for you to expand your technical talents into project management or team leadership opportunities.
Bringing your specific professional skills, expertise and experience into transformational projects, you’ll be an integral part of driving forward an industry-leading change.
Ideally, you’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, IT or Physics. Other subjects can also be considered if you have a track record in delivery to clients.
- A proven track record in delivering technical work in a range of project, teams, and contract types.
- Experience in building relationships with suppliers, client/contractors and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to develop new and innovative solutions.
- Excellent communications skills with a range of stakeholders, including presentations and client meetings.
- Proven consultancy experience with great examples of delivering quality projects.
- Experience in one or more Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies, such as; Digital roads, connected vehicles and autonomous technologies, Digital connectivity, emerging ITS disruption in the transport sector, human factors, (human centred design) or mobility as a service.
- Membership or certification at the relevant grade, or ability to obtain it, of a relevant professional body.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.