Consultant/Senior Consultant - Change Management (London)
At Atkins we help our clients achieve genuine benefits from their business change programmes. We advise at senior levels on complex business problems, but we also take a hands-on role, to ensure the solutions aren't just conceived, they are delivered, and the real-world benefits of the investment can be realised.
Our consulting services are provided across the entire lifecycle of business change from conducting strategic reviews, to facilitating the embedding and adoption of new ways of working. Our change capabilities include supporting and enabling technical, process, cultural and organisational change for our clients across sectors as diverse as aviation, defence, security, transport, energy, water, retail, local and central government. We often work alongside our colleagues in the other parts of the Atkins business world-wide.
Within Atkins Business and Digital Consulting (BDC) Practice, the Change and Engagement (BC&E) team works with its clients to solve some of the most interesting challenges facing organisations today by promoting an innovative and collaborative culture. We seek to develop new ideas and solutions to our client’s current challenges, as well as helping them navigate their businesses through the opportunities that the future will offer.
With opportunities in our Bristol, Cheltenham and London offices, we are looking to grow our team and are looking for people at two main roles:
• Consultant level - ideal for those at the early stage of their career who are technically and/or academically qualified and are keen to pursue a career in Business Consulting or for those who are looking to transfer their previous experience into a consultancy environment
• Senior Consultant level - for those with existing Business Consulting experience and for those who are looking to transfer significant previous experience into a consultancy environment
The Senior Consultant/Consultant role
Helping our clients change their businesses in response to internal and external influences and opportunities is a core capability with our BDC Practice. The focus of the Senior Consultant/ Consultant role is to help our clients through the required business change using the most effective and efficient methods available. Often, our consultants are involved early in the lifecycle helping to shape the client’s objectives before starting to develop the overall change strategy and plan.
The majority of the work will be for our Government clients in the security and defence sectors, but there may be opportunities for you to expand into other sectors over time. Projects will be UK-wide and therefore travel is to be expected for some assignments.
The successful candidate will be given significant responsibility for client-facing work from day one. All our Senior Consultants/ Consultants will be responsible for managing the delivery of change for the client.
You will be expected to have regular interactions with clients, key stakeholders, to be embedded in work-streams or projects, and to assist colleagues in delivering specific project outputs. We therefore ask that you provide evidence of your track record of business change ideally through consulting and/or have the potential to do so across following areas:
- Aligning the business change activities to the identified vision and objectives
- Managing the delivery of Business Change activities across multiple projects
- Developing the Business Change Plans
- Understanding and applying a wide variety of business change tools and techniques
- Developing and managing communications and engagement between key senior stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact where beneficial
- Facilitating client workshops
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Developing Benefits and Benefit metrics
- Managing risks and issues for the identified change
- Developing the Training Plans and Training Needs Analysis
- Supporting colleagues in their day-to-day interactions with clients
- Engaging with our clients and/or representatives to provide day-to-day advice as required
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, either on client site or in the office
- Building relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment
- Gaining client trust
- Maintaining a flexible attitude to working in a multi-disciplinary environment
Practice and Business Development
- Sharing skills and knowledge with colleagues
- Willing to support or contribute to the sale of Change Management Business Consulting work – including bid development
- Awareness of commercial drivers and implications
Additionally, you will display the following characteristics:
- A passion for developing technically and professionally
- A collaborative team-player and operates to high behavioural standards and business ethics
- An ability to deal with multiple tasks and operate successfully either individually or within a team
- You demonstrate problem-solving ability in relation to complex problems
Qualifications we expect:
- You have at least a degree or equivalent qualification and may hold, or be working towards professional qualifications
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel or equivalent
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience and learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
You are required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site, you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles