Consultant - Transaction
We work on transformative projects such as major procurements, infrastructure delivery and performance improvement, and market liberalisation across all modes of transport. Working at the front end of decision-making, we are well-placed to help clients develop strategies, services, projects and products from inception through to delivery and operation. We do this through four areas of expertise: Transaction, Commercial & Sponsorship, Rail Advisory and Strategy & Business Transformation.
We are seeking an ambitious person to join our Transaction team of sector-specialist commercial, financial and strategy consultants. They should be:
- Inquisitive and able to see the big picture while applying logical thinking and analytical skills, asking the ‘so what’ question in any analysis;
- An experienced team player and self-starter with excellent and proven consulting skills and a developing network in this sector;
- A personable good communicator (listening, speaking and writing fluently with clarity, precision and persuasiveness);
- Interested in developing their knowledge and career in the transport sector;
- Commercially focused and bringing a level of commercial acumen to their consulting work; and
- Starting to display leadership in various areas, including winning work, building and retaining client relationships and managing projects.
The successful applicant will be highly dynamic, numerate and enthusiastic and looking to progress their career within a growing team of specialist advisors in the transport sector. Supporting transactional assignments, the role includes commercial and financial analysis, benchmarking, market intelligence and research, support to procurements, bids and due diligence assignments, PPPs and concessions, asset valuations and commercial negotiations.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- To contribute to the operational capability of the Transaction team in line with the agreed Transport Consulting & Advisory business plan targets for turnover and profit, consistent with wider SNC-Lavalin/Atkins objectives;
- To lead and contribute to client assignments in the wider transport sector, delivering to time and budget;
- To prepare reports, proposals and presentations for internal and client use;
- To interface directly with clients;
- To develop and manage relationships at all levels within a client’s company to support the successful delivery of services and the securing of future work;
- To create and maintain reporting processes and systems to ensure line manager is kept fully up to date with work progress;
- To work closely with other staff members in the development and delivery of assignments and conformance with agreed processes; and
- To work closely with SNC-Lavalin/Atkin’s other businesses as required, to optimize resource outcomes for the wider business.
- Strong post-graduate experience in either finance or strategy consulting for the infrastructure and transport sectors;
- Proven experience in the delivery of client assignments in the transport sector, including client-facing roles;
- Experience in working in diverse teams with a strong focus on delivering excellence and managing theirs and the team wellbeing;
- Knowledge of financial / commercial analysis and modelling principles;
- Excellence in both written and analytical deliverables; and
- Commercial awareness including demonstrable experience in identifying opportunities for business development.
- Excellent knowledge of the wider transport sector; and
- An ability to read, write and communicate in a language additional to English
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, personal and company performance related bonus schemes, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.