Continuous Improvement Co-Ordinator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Atkins Transportation UK division brings together the capabilities of their key markets, Strategic Highways, Strategic Rail, Local Transport into a single £375m+ turnover business of 3,000 talented engineers and professionals. The transport infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in key projects across the UK from high-speed rail to major road programmes to digital railway implementation. But it is not just about today, the business is investing and building new capability and services in intelligent mobility, digital asset management and new products for the rail market. The Atkins teams work closely with Government, national and local authorities to deliver integrated transport strategies and solutions that support economic growth and improved journeys for all.
The unique breadth of services in transportation, combined with their scale makes them the leading UK transport engineering consultancy enabling Atkins to inspire their people and collaborate with their clients to shape the future of transportation.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will support the Continuous Improvement Manager in achieving the business objectives by supporting the implementation of a Six sigma, Lean and operational transformation expertise team, to the transformation and serve as a centre of excellence. It also requires the individual to;
- Work on complex, multi-faceted projects and will involve delivering real and measurable results for our business.
- Take ownership for and personally deliver performance improvement in discrete areas and be managing several workstreams and improvement processes simultaneously.
- Analysing data in order to provide insights to the business and tracking the progression of data.
- Support in leading the transformation project management office.
- Coaching and supporting improvement champions, coach, business leaders and end users to deliver initiatives and develop the skills to continually support improvement.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to senior leadership, including up to the Transportation Operational leadership tram (OLT).
- Implementing recommendations/solutions and ensuring the end users receive the necessary assistance to carry it all out.
- Delivering tangible, measurable, improvements through utilising the Champions community.
- Delivering proactive and effective communication related to improvement initiatives.
- Comprehensive, tailored training is given upon starting and throughout the programme on topic including change management, lean and DMAIC.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Green Belt Six Sigma certified preferred
- Lean practitioner with experience of deploying lean in workstreams and has had proven experience of applying standard methods of operational excellence such as DMAIC, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba, Poka Yoke, Cause-effect diagram, Last planner, Lean project management and loss accounting.
- Experience of working in operations improvement and change management.
- Proven project management skills to manage the process of providing operational improvements, turnaround, and continuous improvement using (LEAN and DMAIC etc.)
- Capability to lead training and support in the creation of curriculum to build operational excellence capability within the business
- Ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with internal customers; foster open. upward and downward communication within the organisation built on mutual respect.
- Good project management skills (budget, time & resources)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to turn data into information, which has practical use to support improvement, change and implementation.
- Well-developed and effective verbal and written communication skills used in working with peers and employees at all levels of the organization.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.