Contract Administrator (CAN)
Contract Administrator (CAN)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our Sudbury site and will be part of our Mining and Metallurgy Group.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Formulating and issuing construction contracts of small to medium size scope;
- Pre-qualifying and preparing lists of tenderers;
- Receiving and evaluating tenders;
- Interviewing contractors and potential contractors and making appropriate recommendations;
- Preparing summaries and letters of recommendations;
- Communicating with client to secure approvals in accordance with established procedures;
- Preparing contracts and tender documents;
- Posting awards, administering contract and monitoring contractors’ performance and conformance to commercial terms;
- Approving progress billings;
- Interacting with engineering and construction departments to comply with terms, revisions and amendments;
- Participating in contract termination, claims or disputes settlements according to delegated authority;
- Conducting close-out review and processing back-charges;
- May include leading a small project team comprised of company or JV staff.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in Contract Administration in the Construction or Engineering preferably in the Mining Sector;
- Good understanding of contract law;
- Strong business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with leading a team of professionals within own discipline or a related area of specialization;
- Strong judgement and ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limits;
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information;
- Ability to work within a project environment;
- Highly motivated and able to work without supervision.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs