This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is looking for a Contract Advisor for a large O&G company in KSA.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- The candidate shall provide technical engineering support on all matters related to his discipline for the DR&NGLF Admin Area Projects.
- The permanent work location will be in Ras Tanoura Area.
- Engineering Work Orders (EWO’s) and submittals for investment.
- Assist in the development of financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract services and evaluation of alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural administrative.
- Help to develop professional analysis and technical qualification of bidders.
- Provides complex technical advice and support to contract proponents from the conception of contract service requirements through the execution of a contract to the termination of the contract or service requirements.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development of a professional level of analyses of Company risk or exposure.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development of scopes of work for various contract services.
- Develops professional-level presentations to Executive Management and makes presentations or participates in the presentations to Services Review Committee.
- Participates as the contract proponent representative or delegates participation on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms
- Participates as the contract proponent representative in a professional analysis of bid response and negotiation offers and preparation of counteroffers.
- Negotiates with contractors as part of a negotiating team comprised of Contracting and contract proponent representatives. Coordinates or participates in the preparation of responses to contractor claims and represents
- Coordinates or participates in the verification of contractor costs and the preparation of cost escalation or de escalation amendments.
- Provides proponent representation in the administration of contracts and works with Finance, Law and Contracting in the development of financial and legal advice on intent of wording, scopes of service or other clauses that may impact quality of service, cost of services and cost benefit relationships. the proponent on Claim Review Panels.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Company's Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
- Interface regularly with Contractor’s engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Responsible for influencing, and coordinating all Process Engineering related activities.
- Participate in technical reviews and studies and ensure that technical reviews and studies receive the appropriate Process related Engineering input.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in petroleum or related industries handling auditing, accounting and contracting techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes, such as ISA, IEC, IEEE, CSA and/or NEC.
- Familiarity with the relevant standards.
- Must have a practical knowledge in oil and gas processing and equipment.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment.
- Saudi nationality or expat (Asian).
- Experience with Contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the design, procurement and construction of major oil and gas facilities.
- Excellent technical team and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles