Why join us?
We are hiring! The Contracts Administrator is an integral part of our Nuclear team who will Administer contracts to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. This position can be remote or based in our offices in Oak Ridge, TN or Richland, WA.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Administers contracts to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. Defines requirements, assists in generating proposals, monitors performance, negotiates terms and conditions and ensures compliance with contract requirements.
- Responsible for contract administration functions for prime contract and sub-tier government and commercial contracts in accordance with applicable commercial, government and international contract rules and regulations.
- Reviews statements of work and specifications to identify risks, informs management of contractual risks and obligations and offers solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Administers contract change management and contract closeout activities.
- Ensures records are created and properly retained and maintains current contracts, files and records.
- Controls formal correspondence with customers. Monitors and ensures compliance with contract terms, special provisions, warranties, deliverables and funding requirements.
- Acts as the focal point of contact with the customer for all contractual matters and is a liaison with customers and internal departments for all matters affecting contracts.
- Negotiates to obtain an acceptable business agreement that achieves the company objective.
- Ensures review and approval of negotiated contracts with appropriate management.
- Provides all required information that supports the company's negotiation position. Prepares documentation to confirm negotiation settlement.
- Ensures proper contractual flowdown clauses from prime contracts are identified and supplied to the company’s procurement organization.
- Supports new business proposal activities. Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Participates in the daily operations of the project, as applicable, to meet schedules, resolve complex issues and respond to inquiries regarding contractual obligations.
- Communicates with Legal, Financial and Business Development for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Mentors and trains less experienced professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree required in business or a related field or the equivalent of a combination of education, professional training and work experience
- US Citizenship is require
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) preferred
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of business experience
- Federal Government Contracting or Procurement experience preferred
- Ability to support and/or develop negotiation strategies for management’s approval
- Demonstrated ability to continually improve in contract administration
- Basic understanding of contracting corporate policies and procedures and ability to accurately interpret contract language
- Advanced knowledge of contracting concepts, FARs, and other federal acquisition regulations and applicable public contract acquisition laws and regulations
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to administer contracts of large scope and complexity
- Strong external and internal negotiation skills
- Effective presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
- Emerging ability to excel in management environment.
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Ability to use independent judgment and creativity to resolve contract issues.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs