Why join us?
Linxon is shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity. We combine Hitachi ABB Power Grids deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offering for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and delivering the highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects. As a leading engineering company, we help our customers with turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy, and transportation.
This position is based out of our Raleigh, NC office but flexible on work location and reports to our Chief Legal Officer and will be part of the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Constructions) team of experienced and motivated professionals. You are responsible for handling a number of large turnkey projects serving customers in the NAM region.
In this important and challenging Contracts Manager role, you will provide contract management services for large and complex projects for Linxon US, across North America and potentially South America. Furthermore, you’ll ensure that all contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed, while protecting Linxon’s interests throughout the full project’s lifecycle (covering pre-contract and post-contract risk). You will also be leading, developing, and supporting major strategic variations and claims vis-à-vis suppliers and customers in full coordination with the project’s teams and Legal, always in accordance with all relevant company directives and instructions, and contract management framework.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Be responsible for governance of the contract portfolio, tender preparations and negotiations, contract execution from project kick off to closure, contract closure and claims.
- Encourage and communicate the key contractual provisions to the project team, e.g. qualifying for payment, variations, and timely compliance with contractual requirements.
- Raising contract notices under main contract developing integrated claims strategy with the project team and preparing extension of time claims.
- Provision of contractual advice (e.g. flow down from main contract) will be provided to the purchasing team for major subcontracts.
- Advising the purchasing department on contractual claims from subcontractors.
- Advising project team on Linxon’s contractual entitlements to protect cash flow, margins, and prevention of disputes. Apply a proactive approach to the review and commenting of commercial terms & conditions, in the tender phase, identify major risk and raise bid clarifications and contract deviations accordingly.
- Highlight areas of potential risk such as ambiguities, omissions, and conflicts; and as work proceeds, closely monitor, mitigate, and support remedial actions as necessary, working closely with the bid manager and the project manager.
- Coordinate with the project team to identify customer related actions or inaction which could result in constructive contract changes. Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional cost or time compensation. Prepare change orders to the contract and develop the negotiation strategy and support negotiations.
- Identify and prepare claims as they arise and coordinate the efforts to negotiate and resolve major claims and disputes with the support of Linxon’s Legal Department.
- Provide training to EPC project management and sales staff on contract and claims management.
What will you contribute?
- Master's or bachelor’s degree in Contract Management, Law or qualified by experience
- Minimum Degree Level is a requirement.
- We are looking for an experienced contract manager with an independent and solution-oriented working style.
- Extensive experience related to EPC contracts, preferably in the energy industry.
- Experience with projects of different size and complexity and contractual types is necessary.
- Experience of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, and effective correspondence.
- Strong communicative and collaborative skills.
- Requires superior attention to details, structure, and organizational skills, so you can apply a larger, systemic view to projects.
- Requires you independently take initiative, make decisions and drive projects to conclusion. In addition, you are not afraid to push back and hold others accountable as needed, while your high degree of inter-cultural sensitivity and integrity enable you to lead by influence and maintain strong relationships.
- Requires you to have a business-driven, pragmatic mindset and you understand that good results are achieved in cooperation with management, sales teams, and internal and external experts.
- Ability to demonstrate hands on contractual knowledge skills (for EPC contracts) during the selection process.
- Ability to work with our US based project management and supply chain management team in Raleigh, North Carolina. Flexibility as to location due to partial WFH Possibilities but must be based in the Eastern time zone.
- Excellent oral and written legal business English. Fluency in other languages like Spanish, Portuguese or German is an asset.
- Ability to interface with customers on issues ranging from administration of the contract to all matters relating to the review and process of changes.
- Ability to evaluate the legitimacy of a claim as well as understand and interpret the main contract provisions by challenging costs, and how these affect scope and schedule.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now.
At Linxon, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to Linxon, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs