Contracts Manager - Vasteras, Sweden
Job Title: Contract Manager - Vasteras, Sweden
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity
We combine ABB’s deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects. Linxon will undertake turnkey electrical alternating current substation projects related to renewable and conventional power generation, power transmission and transportation solutions. Turnkey solutions will include project design, engineering, procurement, construction, management, commissioning and after-sales support.
As Contract Manager reporting to the Hub Contract Manager, you will be part of the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) team of experienced and motivated professionals, handling a number of large turnkey projects serving customers in the EMEA region. In this important and challenging role, you will provide contract management services for large and complex projects for Linxon Sweden AB, currently with several projects in the Middle East, Sweden and other regions. Furthermore, you’ll ensure that all contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed, while protecting Linxon’s interests throughout the full projects lifecycle (covering pre-contract and post-contract risk). You will also be leading, developing and supporting major strategic variations and claims vis-à-vis suppliers and customers in full coordination with the projects teams and Legal, always in accordance with all relevant company directives and instructions, and contract management framework.
- Be responsible for governance of the contract portfolio, tender preparations and negotiations, contract execution from project kick off to closure, contract closure and claims.
- Encourage and communicate the key contractual provisions to the project team, e.g. qualifying for payment, variations and timely compliance with contractual requirements.
- Raising contract notices under main contract developing integrated claims strategy with the project team and preparing extension of time claims.
- Provision of contractual advice (e.g. flow down from main contract) will be provided to the purchasing team for major subcontracts.
- Advising the purchasing department on contractual claims from subcontractors.
- Advising project team on Linxon’s contractual entitlements to protect cash flow, margins, and prevention of disputes. Apply a proactive approach to the review and commenting of commercial terms & conditions, in the tender phase, identify major risk and raise bid clarifications and contract deviations accordingly.
- Highlight areas of potential risk such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts; and as work proceeds, closely monitor, mitigate and support remedial actions as necessary, working closely with the bid manager and the project manager.
- Coordinate with the project team to identify customer related actions or inaction which could result in constructive contract changes. Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional cost or time compensation. Prepare change orders to the contract and develop the negotiation strategy and support negotiations.
- Identify and prepare claims as they arise and coordinate the efforts to negotiate and resolve major claims and disputes with the support of Linxon’s Legal Department.
- Provide training to EPC project management and sales staff on contract and claims management.
We are looking for an experienced contract manager with an independent and solution-oriented working style, as well as strong communicative and collaborative skills. While you have superior attention to details, structure and organizational skills, you are able to apply a larger, systemic view to projects. You independently take initiative, make decisions and drive projects to conclusion. In addition, you are not afraid to push back and hold others accountable as needed, while your high degree of inter-cultural sensitivity and integrity enable you to lead by influence and maintain strong relationships. You have a business-driven, pragmatic mindset and you understand that good results are achieved in cooperation with management, sales teams and internal and external experts.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate hands on contractual knowledge skills (for EPC contracts) during the selection process. The ideal candidate will have a university degree in Engineering, Law or extensive experience related to EPC contracts, preferably in the energy industry. Experience with projects of different size and complexity and contractual types, as well as knowledge of ABT06, NS8407, FIDIC (yellow book) and similar bespoke contracts are necessary.
The role is Swedish based, working with our Swedish based project management and supply chain management team in Vasteras, Sweden.
Excellent oral and written legal business English and Swedish or Norwegian are required: a 3rd language such as German, French, Arabic or Spanish will provide added value.
In addition, candidates are expected to possess all or several of the following:
- Experience of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, and effective correspondence.
- Ability to interface with customers on issues ranging from administration of the contract to all matters relating to the review and process of changes.
- Ability to evaluate the legitimacy of a claim as well as understand and interpret the main contract provisions by challenging costs, and how these affect scope and schedule.
To know more about Linxon, please click on the below link.
Our Latest Articles