Contracts Officer - Chalk River
Contracts Officer - Chalk River
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Scope of work:
CNL is seeking potentially 2-3 Contracts Officers. The Contracts Officer is responsible for the contracting of complex goods and services on behalf of CNL whilst ensuring fair value for money, to meet the requirements of clients, jurisdictional authorities and company policies and procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner while mitigating risk and liability for CNL. Reporting to CNL’s Contract Lead, the Contracts Officer works independently and is responsible for managing the relationship between Supply Chain and the internal clients to ensure on time delivery of requirements. Significant interaction with Vendors, other departments and stakeholders is necessary in the role.
- Works with internal client to develop contract strategies, scope documents, critical success factors and evaluation criteria for identified procurement requirements
- Acts as the client interface and enabler to deliver solutions to specific projects and client groups and provides procurement support, expertise and coaching, as required to ensure alignment with CNL policies, procedures and applicable terms and conditions and to create a fair and transparent procurement process.
- Applies professional judgement using a graded approach commensurate to the nature and risk of the specific acquisition.
- Conducts market research to determine approach to market and identify potential suppliers.
- Establishes strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company’s needs.
- Identifies new suppliers, agreeable terms and negotiate supply arrangement where appropriate, including discount structure and volume rebates with the company’s best interest in mind.
- Develops, in conjunction with internal stakeholders, and issues contract documents (RFPI, RFEOI, RFP, RFPQ) to market and manages solicitation process.
- Conducts Bidders Meetings with prospective proponents and key internal stakeholders.
- Performs commercial evaluation of bid submissions and prepares detailed procurement recommendations reflective of greater commercial thinking and contextually relevant aspects of the commercial and technical evaluations.
- Prepares formal negotiation strategy, leads negotiations and prepares related documentation in conjunction with internal clients.
- Conducts contract award process, including issuing notification of award, letters of regret and providing proponents feedback where deemed appropriate.
- Authorize contract strategies, award recommendation and issues purchase orders, on behalf of CNL, within the delegated financial authorities for the position.
- Coordinates “lessons learned” meetings in a manner that captures and communicates any lessons learned as a result of the procurement process and/or market engagement.
- Ensures risks and opportunities related to the procurement are identified, assessed, mitigated and managed effectively throughout the process.
- Provides post-award contract oversight during the execution of the contract.
- Maintains comprehensive procurement files documenting contractual requirements and communications.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/ Supply Chain Management/ Engineering/ Contract
- Administration with 3-5 years pertinent experience or 8 years of equivalent experience with projects and/or construction projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract law, procurement practices/processes and tasks with emphasis on complex procurements where the participation of technical experts is required (technical experts, legal, quality assurance).
- Demonstrated understanding of contract terminology and contract interpretation, contract strategies, pricing models and corresponding contract risks.
- Formal training and/or demonstrated experience in relationship management, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Experience with automated procurement systems – preferably Oracle, MERX, Bonfire, Aviva ProCon and ISN.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships with internal clients and suppliers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment both within Supply Chain and with internal clients.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities in order to meet conflicting deadlines, and resolve conflicts promptly.
- Strong computer skills. Advanced level capability in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Outstanding organizational skills and oral and written communication capabilities.
- Strong sense of accountability, work ethic and analytical skills required.
- Willingness to put in extra hours as required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence rather than authority.
- Maintain clear, concise documentation on all stages of the procurement.
- SCMA Certification or enrolment in a Diploma program is an asset.
- Technical background or demonstrated understanding of design/construction contracts would be an asset. Knowledge and experience with a variety of Quality Assurance programs. Knowledge of nuclear quality assurance programs would be an asset.
College level diploma/certificate
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.):
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary: These jobs are open for all job levels and will be assessed based on experience and skills.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At Candu, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Candu cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin / Candu, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs