Control Systems Electrical Tech
Control Systems Electrical Tech
Reporting to the Tooling Management Operation (TMO) Electrical Lead with a dotted line to the Engineering Manager within a matrix organization, the Engineer / Technician is responsible for the design, implementation, verification,
maintenance and documentation of software as well as the selection and acquisition of suitable hardware and pre-developed commercial software. He/she will provide input with respect to planning, monitoring, and resource needs
and identify capital requirements for software development, maintenance, hardware resources, and verification tools.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for timely execution of the assigned scope in the assigned electrical and automated control project capacities.
- Responsible for designing, installing, commissioning, testing and maintaining of an assigned equipment in test environment and production.
- Preparing and maintaining work plans for the electrical and control change activities.
- Responsible to uphold the technical quality of the assigned scope.
- Responsible to report and suggest resolution to any potential impacts to technical quality identified by the various tool manufactures and vendors.
- Work with engineering to determine feasible solutions or design improvements to resolve tooling control system problems.
- Responsible for OPEX Review - Assembling OPEX and assessing what changes should be incorporated in the future designs of Tooling and Equipment.
- Responsible for change control - Using configuration management system provided by his/her department to maintain design update, files, releases and documentation.
- Prepare engineering change request documents Update schematic drawings and other technical.
- Provide periodic status reports to supervision.
- Perform work in a radiation environment when required.
- Knowledge of retube equipment, processes and principles of operation is an asset.
- Maintain stable performance and behavior under pressure and/or opposition.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (include, but not limited to):
- Technologist Diploma/degree in the field of electrical technology, instrumentation, control, power or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven experience in designing or maintaining servo-based motion control systems, industrial networking(ProfiNet), distributed I/O is an asset. (Siemens PROFIBUS and PROFITNET).
- PELCO experience (Endura Certified System Technician an asset)
- Experience in orbital welding equipment is an asset, such as Conventional Welding Power Supplies, Liburdi Orbital
- Welding Heads, Autogenous tube Welding Heads and Automated Welding Systems for Bellows.
- Familiar with electrical design and improvement.
- Medium and high power distribution knowledge is an asset.
- Familiarity with Electrical drawings and CSA standards.
- Proven initiative and motivation is required Leadership experience for a small team is an asset.
- Must be effective in a multi-discipline team environment involving engineers, fellow technologists, and tradespeople.
- Results oriented, takes ownership of tasks assigned and completes them as promised.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Coach & train lower level employees, serve as a problem-solving resource to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, efficient and effective communication (written and oral) and organization skills are essential.
- CANDU Site experience is an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs