Control Systems Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) has exciting opportunities for Control System engineers to undertake control system design services for a varied client base and across a breadth of industries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Control Systems engineer who can apply their knowledge and experience to client challenges and successfully deliver effective solutions.
You will be working within a variety of engineers, project managers, and specialists across the engineering spectrum from all areas of the Atkins business. You will be learning from technical experts and Senior Engineers in the field of Control and Instrumentation on a variety of projects within ADS&T.
- Working with other Engineers to deliver Control and Automation projects from concept to completion.
- Delivery of quality technical work that meets client expectations, under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Delivery of work in accordance with timelines and deadlines agreed upon with senior engineers and/or project managers.
- Report effectively to senior management and project managers about progress and workload.
- Experience in the design of control systems.
- Educated to Degree level in a mathematical, scientific or engineering discipline (or with equivalent qualifications and experience such as HNC/HND)
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
Desirable, but not essential, attributes
- Experience in the design of control systems in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Aeronautics, etc).
- General commercial awareness.
- Working towards chartership with a recognised institution such as the IET.
- High level understanding of other disciplines and their requirements (mechanical, process, etc).
- A general understanding of the different activities that are undertaken as part of a project lifecycle (planning, requirements capture, high level design, detailed design, manufacture, testing, substantiation, etc.).
- Consultancy experience.
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing it’s people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.