Corporate Tax Accountant
Corporate Tax Accountant
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Tax Accountant will be based out of our Tampa, Florida office and reports to our Senior Tax Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual indirect tax returns in foreign and domestic jurisdictions.
- Provide sales & use tax information to subsidiary entities including applicable taxability and rate determinations.
- Manage sales and use tax audits as required.
- Research tax law for tax compliance and special projects.
- Respond to state, local and foreign tax notices.
- Reconcile tax liability accounts and investigate account discrepancies.
- Prepare and post all adjusting and accruing sales tax journal entries.
- Assist with federal and state income tax return preparation, including state apportionment workpapers.
- Assist in the preparation of calculations for quarterly estimate/extension tax payments.
- Prepare property tax renditions and payments requests.
- Compile and analyze data to create workpapers to support tax filings. Proactively and effectively work with others within the company to gather information. Analyze and understand the information provided. Timely follow up on outstanding items and questions.
- Contribute to process improvements, workflow alignment, and streamlining.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years corporate accounting experience preferred.
- Tax experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs