This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people.
We are continuously searching for talented Cost Consultants/Estimators across all levels to join our growing London Infrastructure team. Our team delivers multiple services across a diverse portfolio of top clients in multiple sectors from Highways and Aviation through to Rail and Energy.
We are looking to expand the team given the need to support new projects and programmes and we will be making available roles with various levels of seniority which will be dependent from the experience and skills presented by the candidates. The Assistant/ Senior Cost Consultant will primarily be responsible for:
Cost planning and estimating
- Prepare cost estimates using a range of different techniques from first principles to reference class forecasting.
- Analyse project scope information - liaison with project development and delivery teams required to ensure project requirements are accurately captured.
- Quantify the works in line with relevant methods of measurement.
- Price measured items according to the most relevant and appropriate technique.
- Fully identify all relevant budget costs (construction, employer, risk and uncertainty).
- Undertake reviews, checks and assurance of existing estimate to ensure compliance with adequate standards and guidance.
- Develop market testing exercises to inform prices of specific products and industry “typical” benchmarks.
Benchmarking and cost modelling
- Update, validate and develop cost models and cost modelling techniques to enable the cost analysis of historical, recent and new projects.
- Develop continuous methodologies to monitor and boost progress of data capture and data quality
- Provide strategic thinking in support of continuous development
- Provide ownership of contents with challenge and interpretation of results
- Ensure that reported data is kept up to date (price base date, latest project updates)
- Ensure accuracy of reported data (historical, present and future) by developing checks and validations tools,
- Contribute to external review processes.
- Perform reviews and assurance of third-party exercises.
- Liaise with cross function teams to develop ideas for continuous improvement (programme controls, risk, sustainability, project management, BIM etc.)
- Be the conduit for innovation within wider F+G teams as well as in the client side
Construction or Economics related degrees, e.g.: Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Economics.
- Experience in Commercial roles and functions during the pre-contracts stage of the project.
- Experience in cost planning and estimating / assurance for large capital programmes.
- Has excellent numerical analysis and mathematical capabilities
- Has experience in reporting succinctly and comprehensively to all stakeholder’s levels
- Can demonstrate a high attention to detail whilst working effectively with large volumes of data
- Experienced in validating data quality, identifying trends and optimizing data flows/processes
- Good working knowledge of Estimating systems (at least one: PRISM-CostOS, CostX, CCS)
- Experienced in creating dashboards, visual tools / outputs for data analysis exercises
- Advanced MS Excel user (VBA and Power BI working knowledge desirable)
- Good communication skills, collaboration and team work
- Good stakeholder management skills / client facing attributes
- Data analysis: Good analytical skills (including mathematical skills)
- Strong problem-solving capability
- Commercial focus – shaping investment decisions based on value for money of various options
- Workload planning and prioritisation; Providing regular progress reports to keep stakeholders informed
- Ability to present and prepare outputs easily understood by stakeholders
- Drive to continuously seek innovation and improvement (self, project, strategic)
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors in People.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.