This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The candidate’s responsibilities focus on the budgetary control system for projects, through the preparation of numerous cost reports, monitoring and commitment to budget and forecast. The candidate will be required to regularly interface with project managers, contractors, project team members in order to maintain accurate, updated information on project cost/budgets.
A detail-oriented self-starter, the candidate will demonstrate strong teamwork, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills in order to work effectively with multiple departments as well as various internal and external customers.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
- Responsible for supporting the development and ongoing maintenance of the overall project controls infrastructure to include Work Breakdown Structure, Overall Project Plan, Code of Accounts, Project Estimate, Budgets, Project Schedule and resource requirements to execute the project
- Initializing budgetary control system and documentation for projects
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports and monitoring cost and commitment to budget and forecast
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Provide cost control advice to the internal Project Management team as and when required. Attend project meetings and discussions with the Project Management team and external clients
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget
- Monitoring man-hours and cost progress
- Preparing reports on deviations, under-runs and overruns
- Carrying out the necessary research and assembling all information regarding the cost situation
- Maintaining change control and the change order register as well as cost reports, change registers, contract and bulletin registers
- Determining the selection of work procedures and making recommendations for improvements
- Ensuring that all reports are presented on time
What will you contribute?
- University or college graduation in Engineering, or Accounting, or Business Administration with a minimum of five (5) years related experience on EP projects
- Experience in taking leadership role of progress analysis, project administration in project controls, supporting internal and external reporting to management, updating databases on the progress of the projects, analyzing the work done by engineers and publishing reports to the customer across a suite of Oil Sands mining small sustaining capital type projects
- Demonstrated previous experience of understanding the engineering process, able to setup a project at the start, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated previous experience in creating projects, creating orders, monitoring deliverables, monitoring the progress against the hours and monitoring costs
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- Detail oriented and trustworthy
- Self-starter, independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision
- Fast worker with ability to work well under stress
- Strong teamwork, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- CCP/T from AACEI is a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
What we offer at SNC Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
- A safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com