Junior - Mid Level Cost Manager
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Prepare and review cash flow forecasts and issues to senior technical staff.
- Assist in the review of design and construction related change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- Provides procurement support to senior technical staff, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attends the bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- With minimal supervision, carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant professional body
- 7 years of related experience
- Strong IT skills with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in both greenfield and brownfield projects and Industrial is preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams, including interacting with the clients
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgment and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Commercially aware, you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate that you can work autonomously when required
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs
- Ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service
- Drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioral skills
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgment and good sense
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative
- Develop their professional network to support the New York office and career.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
*** Please be advised that this posting is in reference to a future need and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within SNC-Lavalin or its affiliates. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please submit your resume to this job posting.***
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs