Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for a Cost Controller for its National Capital Region office. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
- Assist the PMs in all aspects of planning and costs controlling of projects
- Responsible for the preparation of all documentation related to the monthly cost control of projects
- Completes the reports on project performance, forecasts and participates in the development of corrective actions to meet baseline budgets.
- Calculate, from the fees of the proposal budget, the initial budgets of activities;
- Open projects, create the " WBS ", the budgets and schedules in the Oracle management system taking into account the contractual agreements of projects;
- Respect and reinforce the use of methods and procedures required to control costs;
- Ensuring internal and external reporting;
- Manage the attributed costs related to purchase of goods and services in the procurement process;
- Participate in the development of corrective action in case of gaps;
- Maintain project schedules, documentation and implementation plans;
- Monitor the progress of projects from the disciplines and products that are attributed to him, including cost controls and schedules;
- Communicate with project managers and other stakeholders regarding all phases of project execution;
- Periodically estimating the cost to complete the projects, as well as provisions and necessary risks (analyze WIP, the EV, the AR, the CAP, CIP, etc.);
- Document problems with budgets and project schedules, and their resolution;
- Prepare the periodic projects costs report;
- Assess the impacts on the costs of each change or contract modification during the execution phase;
- Make changes to the project forecast into the Oracle management system according to the directives of the project manager.
- Participate in meetings with project managers and other stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure project progress and achievement of objectives and expected results;
- Prepare the financial project reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) and other project monitoring reports for the management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or Administration OR D.E.C. or A.E.C. in Engineering or administration with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office’s suite
- Knowledge of Oracle e-Business an asset
- Capacity and flexibility to handle multiple files simultaneously (versatility, resourcefulness and prioritization).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Show initiative, good team work and autonomous
- Ability to find solutions and to resolve problems
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency of English (spoken and written), French is an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.