Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
With over 65 years of experience in the minerals and metallurgy industry, we understand the unique challenges our customers face. Challenges which, like the world around us, are changing rapidly. Our Mining and Metallurgy Division is currently looking for a Cost Controller for either our Toronto or Sudbury office.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all procurement packages have been assigned a budget, correctly cost coded and that the total assigned budget for all packages is in balance with the Current Budget.
- Organizing and planning activities of established procedures and practices to provide the best cost control services to the project.
- Perform the preparation and maintenance of the variations register to ensure proper coding and budget allocation.
- Perform the preparation and maintenance of the cost reports.
- Review and assist with claims.
- Review multiple contracts and specifications.
- Interface with the Project Director, Project Managers and Project Engineers to gain understanding and scope trends and changes on projects.
What will you contribute?
- University degree in Engineering or similar degree and experience in project controls, including cost control on large EPCM projects.
- Strong understanding of estimating techniques and related to Project Controls Systems software.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically: Ecosys, Aconex, Power BI, Tableau.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs