Cost Engineer / Controller
Cost Engineer / Controller
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure.
The Role applies professional proficiency to the delivery of cost management services. Provides professional support to invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management and close out administration, including assistance with procurement, earned value and value engineering.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- Carries out an earned value and project performance analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attends the bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Cost engineering skills and knowledge.
- Cost estimating and control.
- Aware in Project management.
- Practiced in Cost Reporting.
- Earned value management.
- Practiced in Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS).
- Aware in Financial System Interface.
- Practiced in Budget/Cost Control.
- Aware in Cash Flow.
- Aware in Contingency Management.
- Practiced in Cost Change Contro.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree Qualified; role related (Engineering, Construction, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Mathematics), from an accredited institution.
- 8+ years of experience in relevant field.
- PMI membership / certification or APM membership / Charter Project Manager is preferred.
- AACE membership / certification or RICS membership / Chartered Surveyor is preferred.
- Highly competent in MS Excel, SharePoint, VBA, Database, Power BI, Tableau, PowerApps, System Integration.
- PMIS Software knowledge (Desirable): Ecosys, Procon, Unifier, Ares Prism, Aconex, Proliance.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs