Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for Cost Engineers at all levels ranging from Junior Cost Engineer to Senior Cost Engineer to support project teams in our client’s support offices.
Key Competencies and Underpinning Knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of financial systems.
- Understand the inter-relationship between time cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
- Working knowledge of Primavera.
- Experienced in the use of SAP Finance and Project modules.
The main focus of this role will be to work with Project Managers to manage project costs and their integration with the management of risk, change and the schedule in accordance with the client’s standards and processes.
- Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
- Implement the correct and appropriate cost management tool for the project in accordance with the Client’s Programme Office processes/templates.
- Assist in development of and use of Project Control Structures (CBS, OBS, WBS etc.).
- Understand the basis of the estimate.
- Ensure all cost and contract transactions on a project are understood and managed in an appropriate way.
- Ensure all variances to the cost baseline are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the necessary cost management interface is in place with Finance and ensure regular communications.
- Support the client Planning process.
- Active involvement in the change process, understanding the reasons for and factors influencing each change to the project’s cost baseline plus the implications of such change.
- Continually monitor Project Risk and Change status to maintain current forecast.
- Review and understand, with the assistance of the Planning Engineer, the schedule progress and it’s alignment to the Project Control Structure.
- Liaise with Project team members and contractors with regards to progress and financial forecasting.
- Update the Cost Tool to comply with Project Reporting Cycles.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project cost information, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project’s specific needs.
- Challenge cost variances against the baseline plan with individual task leaders/contractors and/or outside stakeholder management as necessary to enable mitigation.
- Contribute to progress meetings as required in support of the Project Manager.
- Regular interfacing and integration with the project Planning Engineer to maintain an aligned financial position with the project Primavera plan.
- Project Documents (PDD, IRM papers etc.) – Contribute to the drafting and updating of these documents to ensure that they contains the project Scope of Work, KPI’s, payment milestones and the methodology for controlling the project schedule, costs and variances etc.
- Contribute to lessons learnt process at project close out.
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment.
- Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment.
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills and well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
- The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
- Proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
- Self motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to use initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly within the demands of the project.
Rewards & Benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.