Cost Manager - Associate Director Cost Manager
Cost Manager - Associate Director Cost Manager
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme across our Infrastructure Portfolio designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for Cost Managers / Senior Cost Managers / Associate Director Cost Manager to support Infrastructure Industry, Energy Or Transportation teams and post Covid 19 restrictions, based in our Northeast offices or client’s offices .
Key Competencies and Underpinning Knowledge:
- Experience on significant Infrastructure projects ideally but not limited to the Rail Sector
- Good working knowledge of financial systems.
- Understand the inter-relationship between time cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
- Working knowledge of Primavera.
- Experience and knowledge of cost systems, such as SAP, Oracle CostOS and PRISM.
- Familiarity of the public sector policies, processes and procedures and associated political impacts. Commercial and quantity surveying skills, with full working knowledge of the construction industry, in particular NEC Form of Contracts and their commercial basis.
- Ability to develop and understand performance measurement of projects using Earned Value Management and similar techniques.
- Commercial and quantity surveying skills, with full working knowledge of the construction industry, NEC Form of Contracts and their commercial basis.
- Ability to develop and understand performance measurement of projects using Earned Value Management (EVM) and similar techniques.
- Lead a small team of Cost Managers within project delivery team, coordinating and aggregating the outputs and feeding into overall Programme.
- Maintain responsibility for the accuracy of cost data, including transposition into Cost systems and business reporting.
- Assure all Cost data that feeds into Cost reporting within the area, as well as all Cost data that feeds into Programme reporting.
- Act as main point of contact for all Cost reporting and Cost intelligence, working closely with the Head of Cost Management to maintain Cost Systems ensuring accurate reporting, benchmarking and analysis of Clients infrastructure costs.
- Provide expert professional advice covering Clients infrastructure Costs to our client and wider business stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Procurement specialists, Cost / Contract Management personnel, Estimators and Project Controllers).
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of Clients policies, procedures and resources for all Cost services.
- Work closely with the Finance, Commercial, Project Management teams and other Project Controls functions to ensure Cost is integrated with all other functions and aids in informing decisions; and Aid in the development of a benchmarking database and in the reporting process to provide timely and accurate advice to inform decision making.
- Membership of the RICS, ACostE, ICES or similar relevant professional association, and degree or equivalent experience or achieved NVQ Level 2 in Project Controls.
- Experience in high value, complex construction or infrastructure project environments.
- Understanding of complex and diverging project data, with an ability to assimilate and convert into meaningful metrics and management reports.
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs