Why join us?
Our Mexico Team is growing! Faithful+Gould seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor. This role provides cost and material estimates, draws up projected budgets, and works alongside a team, noting any design changes and their effect on cost. Our Cost Manager will often liaise with builders, architects, engineers, and other contractors. Cost Manager will be tasked with creating and managing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and preparing take-offs and estimates, negotiating with various contractors and vendors, as well as building relationships with clients and site managers. This position is located at our client’s project site in Querétaro, Mexico. This is an IMMEDIATE need with active interviews currently taking place. Must be a Mexican Citizen and fluent in Spanish and English.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould has been ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. In 2016, Faithful+Gould formally opened a location in Mexico in order to expand our operations, capabilities and position as a world-leading project and program management consultancy throughout the region. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Review construction plans and prepare quantity take-offs
- Prepare detailed estimates and cost plans
- Report to senior leadership on current estimated cost vs. budget
- Perform bid evaluations and cost negotiations
- Drive value engineering and offer cost insights to support business decisions
- Liaise with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors
- Prepare reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents
- Advise managers and clients on improvements and new strategies
- Document any changes in design and update budgets
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Field based
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
- 7 (seven) years’ relevant experience
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant professional body
- Highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills regarding the management of cost processes.
- Must understand Administration of Construction Contracts.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Advanced use of Excel to generate and update reporting tools.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs