This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Cost Manager Rail
Our New York Team is Growing! This position serves as the client’s contact for providing cost management services, including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management, close out administration, procurement management, earned value and value engineering. Integral to our Industrial teams developing and managing cost strategies for projects nationally. This position will be based at our client site in New York, NY. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Reviews and issues cost reports to the construction team.
• Reviews the cash flow and issues, with the cost report, to the client’s finance/construction team.
• Reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
• Ensures all invoices are being processed by the cost team.
• Provides procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
• Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
• Leads the biweekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
• Provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
• Carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
• Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
• With minimal supervision and where necessary, assists the client with any cost information relating to legal issues due to non-performance by the contractors or engineering services and mechanical liens etc.
• Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• Three years’ relevant experience
• Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant professional body
• Highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills regarding the management of cost processes.
• Must have an understanding of Administration of Construction Contracts.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Advanced use of Excel to generate and update reporting tools.
• General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Our Latest Articles