Crane & Heavy Equipment Driver
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Crane & Heavy Equipment Driver to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Drives and operates heavy-duty trucks (semi tractors) including large tandem dump and flatbed trucks.
• The driver operates auxiliary equipment such as lift gates and forklifts.
• The movement of trailers, tank trailers, box trailers or wagons is required.
• The driver performs loading and unloading of trucks, cargo and securement of cargo.
• The driver is responsible for inspection of vehicles and for its safe operation in all types of weather conditions and difficult terrain.
• The driver is responsible for maintaining forms and inspection reports in accordance with federal motor carrier safety regulations.
• The Driver will also participate in random drug and alcohol program and subject to a background check.
• This job requires a high school education or the equivalent and five years’ experience in operating heavy-duty trucks (semi-tractors), large tandem dump, and flatbed trucks.
• The applicant must possess a valid and accident free Tennessee type “A” commercial driver license with an “X” (Hazmat and Tanks) endorsement.
• This also includes passing the DOT and State of Tennessee medical and physical examination plus HAZWOPER physical exam.
• The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE security Q-clearance.
• The successful passing of the following additional training, at a minimum, shall be required after the awarding of employment: DOT Transportation Safety, HAZCOM, Rad Worker I & II and HAZWOPER.
• The applicant must be available for overtime, including weekends.
• A Security Q-Clearance is preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles