Creative Studio Manager
About Creative Design
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over
60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists, delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins’ teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate Creative Studio Manager to join our growing national Creative Design team. We’re looking for someone with strong creative vision, who can innovate and communicate clearly and persuasively to clients and colleagues, building upon their exceptional skills and learning from other creative disciplines in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
The Creative Studio Manager will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the creative studio and its operations. Holding accountability for the successful delivery of all creative projects whilst managing an ever-growing creative team effectively. A self-starter with a ‘can-do’ mind set, the successful candidate will possess a passion for adding value and going the extra mile, to support, lead and develop the wider creative team inspiring and producing industry leading and innovating content.
Whether you’re designing for print, events, web, virtual reality or motion, the role offers great scope for creativity to bring greater value to our variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects. You will bring your ideas, passion and problem-solving approaches to help us deliver fresh, creative solutions. You’ll be a team player, capable of leading projects and ensuring that delivery is of the highest standard, both creatively and technically. You will embrace the variety of work, enjoy the buzz of a dynamic working environment and be brimming with creative ideas.
- Day to day management of the Creative Studio Team overseeing the production of creative content across multiple projects and platforms at any one time, from briefing to go live.
- Drive effective collaboration with the wider business working with internal and external clients, providing best in class stakeholder management through excellent dialogue and regular work in progress updates, effective briefing and seamless delivery of design work.
- Ensure seamless operations through management and archiving of all time sheets, data and budgets across all team members and projects. Working closely with the wider business to forecast future workloads and ensuring resourcing is appropriate with a degree of flexibility when appropriate.
- Ensure the quality, security and accessibility of all assets produced, with thorough creative quality control.
- Continually review and develop all creative processes and team skill sets in alignment to the wider business creative strategy.
- Seeking new opportunities for business - promoting our skills, services and new technologies.
- Mentoring and inspiring the Creative Team to give their best and deliver innovative, world class projects on a regular basis.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience managing and developing a creative team and processes whilst working to tight deadlines.
- A passionate and dedicated leader, a positive and collaborative team player, with the self-confidence, and motivation to succeed.
- Excellent communication and people management skills with an attention to detail.
- A passion for product, a ‘customer first’ mindset, and for always exceeding expectations.
- Ability to delegate tasks while maintaining visibility of project status.
- Ability to maintain control and efficiency in a fast-paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent numeracy skills and experience working to budget.
- The ability to think innovatively to produce content of a high level in a reactive, and efficient way, knowing when to keep it simple.
- A flexible approach to your work and the ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- A creative thinker who is comfortable talking with clients to understand their ideas
and bring them to life
- Confident communication with clients and colleagues when pitching, winning new work and leading projects
- Helping to develop future work pipeline through client engagement, spotting opportunities and maximising potential
- A creative designer who is unafraid to challenge – happy with day-to-day tasks but always looking for ways to add value
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in Creative Design’s vision and culture
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Experience of working with digital teams to deliver innovative multi-discipline
- Previous exposure to projects containing AR/VR and digital solutions would be advantageous.
You will have a stand-out portfolio full of great conceptual work, displaying a real passion for design.
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.