CSA Estimator in Construction
Our Oregon Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least seven years as an estimator in Civil, Structural Architectural (CSA) contractor, we would like to connect with you. This role creates cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large construction projects, leverages industry knowledge to review and negotiate fair value for change orders and provides business support to management and guidance to junior staff. In addition, there will be collaborative work with the team to complete pricing and benchmarking research, while maintaining project documents and files. This is an internal full-time role with Faithful+Gould that will be based at a semi-conductor project site in Hillsboro, OR. We seek individuals who aspire for long term tenure and a career with us!
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
- Analyzes design drawing, 3D models and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Leverages digital tools to perform accurate quantity takeoffs.
- Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates. Maintain a thorough understanding of industry norms.
- Inputs estimate takeoff information for specific discipline into custom software and develops unit cost pricing to align with standard methods of measurement.
- Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms, contractors and wider project team members.
- Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
- Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
- Maintains and updates data library of costs.
- Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
- Executes work with rigorous self-check QA, assists in QA for peer reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field
- 7 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of electronic takeoff including On Screen Takeoff and 3D Models
- Working knowledge of a commercially available construction cost estimating systems
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, or any appraisal licensure is preferred
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.